Charlotte Sullivan, Charlie Carrick, Connor Jessup and Tatiana Maslany
TIFF Rising Stars 2012
Launched in 2011, TIFF Rising Stars showcases new Canadian acting talent at the Toronto International Film Festival. Designed to find the next generation of Canadian actors poised for international careers, TIFF Rising Stars draws homegrown talent into the spotlight provided by the annual Festival. Alumni include Sarah Allen, Katie Boland, Charlie Carrick, Sarah Gadon, Connor Jessup, Tatiana Maslany, Keon Mohajeri, and Charlotte Sullivan.
The exciting four-day initiative immerses four selected actors in a series of public events and private industry meetings throughout the Festival. These actors receive expert guidance in professional development from international casting directors, filmmakers, producers and development executives. In addition, as part of is part of our ongoing commitment to promote Canadian cinema and talent on the world stage, the Stars will be front row centre at some of the biggest red-carpet events at the Festival.
TIFF Rising Stars is produced in partnership with the Canadian Film Centre and the Brian Linehan Foundation.
SOUMETTEZ VOTRE CANDIDATURE
- TIFF Rising Stars is open to any Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident under the age of 40 (born no earlier than January 1, 1973).
- Applicants must have at least three screen credits with a principal role (short films, feature films, or scripted broadcast TV shows).
- Priority will be given to candidates who have a principal role in a short or feature film submitted (!) to the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
II. Application Process
- Submit the online application form by 5pm on Wednesday, June 12.
- Email your clips and self-interview to risingstars@tiff by June 17 OR mail the DVDs to:
TIFF Rising Stars
TIFF Bell Lightbox,
Reitman Square, 350 King Street West
Submissions will not be returned unless accompanied by a prepaid, self-addressed envelope.
QUESTIONS? Visit tiff.net/industry or email risingstars@tiff.
III. Supporting Documents
In order to be considered, applicants must provide the following material in support of their application:
- Copy of filmography/biography in PDF format.
- High-res jpg of headshot in color.
- Two clips from short or feature films, in which the applicant has a principal role. Maximum length of each clip: 5 minutes. Clips can be submitted electronically via email, as links via file transfer or mailed on DVD. Format should be Quicktime H.264, minimum resolution: 1080x720 pixels.
- Video Self-Interview: to be submitted electronically via email, as a link via file transfer or on data DVD. Format should be Quicktime H.264, minimum resolution: 1080x720 pixels.
If submitting DVDs, please label them clearly with your name, address and phone number. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the DVDs submitted will play in a consumer DVD player.
IV. Information on Self-Interview
Please answer the following questions in a video self-interview. Maximum length of the entire video should be no longer than 3 (!) minutes.
- What do you hope to get out of TIFF Rising Stars?
- What do you think is the biggest hurdle facing emerging actors in Canada?
- If you could work with anyone in the film industry, who would it be? Why?
Format: Quicktime H.264
Please send a DVD of the video self interview, along with the other support material, to TIFF Rising Stars at the Toronto International Film Festival.
For more information on TIFF Rising Stars, please contact us at email@example.com.
All applicants to TIFF Rising Stars will be notified about the status of their applications by July 30, 2013.