Facilities Office / Operations Assistant
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-02-13
- End Date : September-20-13
June 19, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Facilities Office/Operations Assistant
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
To assist the Facilities Coordinator with the move in/out of departments to off-site festival locations and other office operations during festival.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Participate in coordinating the move of various departments to off-site locations
• Coordinating delivery dates and times for rentals with vendors.
• Assist in setting up new staff members as they start their positions; distributing desk tools and keys.
• Assist with sourcing materials and supplies for the Facilities department and obtaining quotes from vendors
• Creating, printing, tracking and filing Purchase Orders
• Being on site to receive rentals when needed and verifying receipt of orders
• Some physical labour required in the way of moving and setting up folding tables, stanchions and wheeling furniture around.
• Signing in and out volunteers if needed.
• Assist in general administrative tasks as assigned.
Contract Dates: July 2nd – September 20th
• Office experience with strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and dependable.
• Microsoft Officesuite (in particular word and excel).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone manners.
• Independent, outgoing self starter with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cooperative environment.
• Must be able to multitask and follow direction.
• Must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on June 26, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Facilities Office/Operations Assistant
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.