- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : August-05-13
- End Date : September-20-13
May 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the seasonal contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we continue to present unique programming in the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Sponsorship, the Sponsorship Intern position is an opportunity for an individual to develop knowledge of corporate sponsorship and major events by working with a team that secures and executes sponsorships for a major arts organization.
This position is ideal for an individual who has a specific interest in sponsorship, festival planning and sponsor activations and logistics.
We are looking for candidates who possess a strong customer service orientation, attention to detail and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
• Coordinate sponsor fulfillment packages including making available all necessary supplies, assisting to collect and assemble package contents, and managing shipping and tracking of all packages
• Assist with reserved seating preparation and on-site execution at a select premiere Festival venue
• Participating in site tours to ensure sponsor presence at Festival venues
• Assisting with signage set-up and strike at Festival venues and Events
• Providing administrative support for the Sponsorship team, as required
• Assisting the Sponsorship team with various tasks, as requested
• Working some evening and weekend hours, particularly during the Festival (September 5-15, 2013)
• In all matters relating to sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Contract Dates: August 5, 2013 – September 20, 2013
The intern will be expected to work two days a week during regular business hours for three weeks (exact days to be determined), full time for the week leading up to the Festival, all eleven days of the Festival, September 5-15, 2013 and the week following the Festival.
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Post-secondary degree or enrollment in a post-secondary institution
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• High proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
• Previous sponsorship, special event experience and/or event management qualification is an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday May 13 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Sponsorship Intern
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.