Assistant, Festival Programming
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-22-13
- End Date : September-20-13
May 3, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization is accepting applications for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manger, Festival Programming, the Assistant, Festival Programming will provide general administrative support to the Festival Programming department.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Assisting with the management of departmental email addresses and organizing the information to be communicated, as required;
• Relaying phone messages and coordinating calls for senior departmental staff, as required;
• Coordinating and overseeing schedules of senior departmental staff, as required;
• Coordinating the annual updating of the Festival Programming Manual and orientation manuals, to be completed by July 26;
• Sending and tracking Festival Programming invitations for both the July and August Festival press conferences;
• Assisting with data entry and proofing of Festival screening schedule in the weeks of July 29 and August 5;
• Assisting with sending tentative and confirmed Festival screening schedule notification letters in the weeks of July 29 and August 5, respectively;
• Assisting the Manager, Festival Programming with proofing the Official Film Schedule and Press & Industry Guide in the weeks of August 12 and August 19, respectively;
• Assisting the Manager, Festival Programming with organizing special events run by Festival Programming during the Festival, including the Filmmakers’ Brunch, First Feature Cocktail and Directors’ Dinners;
• Assisting the department with film tracking, as requested;
• Serving as the departmental receptionist during the Festival;
• Writing a detailed post-mortem report.
Contract Dates: July 22, 2013 – September 20, 2013
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Good phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite and relational databases);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Previous event planning experience considered an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 10, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: ASSISTANT, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.