- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Finance
- Start Date : April-29-13
- End Date : April-25-14
April 5, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of Financial Analyst:
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis, the role of the Financial Analyst is to act as the Finance liaison for all government reporting matters, as well as to provide support in the areas of budgeting/forecasting and other financial reporting requirements of the organization.
• Acting as liaison between Finance and Government Relations departments
• Understanding & determining the financial reporting requirements related to various government funding agreements
• Coordinating schedules and timelines of various reporting needs
• Monitoring financial activity during the lifecycle of the funding period and addressing any issues that arise in a timely manner
• Preparing interim & final reports, as determined by agreements
• Assisting with government funding audits
• Assisting with monthly forecasting, annual and project budgeting, as needed
Other Financial responsibilities:
• Preparing and analyzing other financial data, as needed
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Contract Dates: late April/early May 2013 – May 2014
• 2-3 years experience in a financial reporting or budgeting capacity
• Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
• Previous experience with Financial reporting systems (NetSuite preferred) and computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and Internet)
• Experience with business analysis and budgeting/forecasting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
• Adaptable to a flexible schedule and changing work environment.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on April 12 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Financial Analyst
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.