Coordinator, Industry Programming
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Industry
- Start Date : May-06-13
- End Date : September-20-13
April 3, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Coordinator, Industry Programming
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Industry Programming Manager, the Industry Programming Coordinator will be responsible for the execution of the Industry Office’s various talent development programmes and workshops during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
• Coordinate application processes for Talent Lab, TIFF Rising Stars and Telefilm Canada PITCH THIS!
• Coordinate production of Talent Lab and Telefilm Canada PITCH THIS! events
• Coordinate submission and selection process for RBC Emerging Filmmakers Competition
• Assist with production of Producers Lab Toronto
• Coordinate volunteer needs for Industry Programming initiatives during the Festival
• Organize dinners and special events for Industry Programming
• Responsible for maintenance of respective Industry Programming websites
• Create and maintain records of respective Industry Programming events in Artifax database
• Handle Industry Programming inquiries via phone and email
• Liaise with internal departments and external partners regarding production of Industry-related events
• Hire and supervise one assistant position for talent development programmes
Contract Dates: May 6th to September 20th, 2013
• Minimum 2 years experience in the Canadian and international film industries
• Strong familiarity with domestic and international filmmakers
• Exceptionally strong administrative and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Exceptional computer skills, including significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Adobe (Reader and Pro) and Apple products (MacBook, iMac, ipad) and software (Quicktime, Keynote)
• Experience in live event production a definite asset
• Previous supervisory experience an asset
• Quick thinker, good judgment and excellent multi-tasker
• Knowledge of other languages (especially French) a definite asset
• Previous experience with large databases an asset
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by April 15th, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: COORDINATOR, INDUSTRY PROGRAMMING
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.