- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : March-25-13
March 11, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Technician will be responsible for building repair and maintenance as outlined below to ensure the smooth operation of TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Communicating with internal customers (TIFF staff) by email, phone and in person to determine facilities support requirements
• Managing in-house work order system
• Soliciting potential contractors for various facilities services
• Building repair and maintenance, general repairs including;
o Drywall repairs and painting, caulking
o Minor plumbing repairs
o Door and lock repair
o Carpet tile repair and replacement
o Ballast and light bulb replacement
o Furniture allocation, repair and moving
• Special event support, set-up and strike (tear-down) of event furniture and miscellaneous items (step and repeats, red carpets, stanchions, etc.)
• Driving staff for pick-ups and deliveries, to and from event locations
• Manage and oversee contractors while on-site
• Shipping & Receiving and Reception back-up as required
• Special projects and other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager
Start Date: March 2013
• 2-3 years general maintenance experience
• Good computer skills, Gmail, basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD a definite asset
• Painting and drywall repair experience
• Full G Driver’s License mandatory
• Attention to detail, good communication, organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on March 18, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Facilities Technician
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.