- Position Type : Intern
- Department : Communications
- Start Date : April-26-13
- End Date : August-23-13
March 8, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the paid, full-time contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, the Communications Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting in media relations and publicity efforts to promote TIFF’s programming. We are interested in applicants who have a specific interest in media and communications. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a student or a recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
• Answer the main Press Office telephone line and respond to email inquiries
• Collect and distribute press clippings daily
• Maintain accurate Communications database records
• Research, edit, draft and disseminate publicity materials
• Communicate with media in a respectful and courteous manner
• Conduct research on communications-related matters, as required
• Work closely with team members to complete time-sensitive tasks
• Draft, edit and distribute internal company newsletter
• Assist with coordination and on-site execution of various events
Contract Dates: April 26, 2013 to August 23, 2013
• Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Cinema Studies degree or diploma programme
• Superior oral and written communication skills (writing samples may be requested)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work well individually and with a team
• Excellent phone manner
• High computer proficiency (Microsoft Office experience preferred, knowledge of Gmail, databases and the internet)
• Familiarity with TIFF and its activities
• Interest in film is an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday, March 15, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of:
Hiring Committee: Communications Intern
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please specify the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.