- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : March-04-13
- End Date : May-19-13
February 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace Facilitator
(5 positions available)
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace is a 6 week interactive exhibition where kids will engage with emerging creative media technologies and innovative artistic experiences! The digiPlaySpace Facilitators will be responsible for providing guided experiences to visiting school groups to the digiPlaySpace, supporting the learning objectives as outlined by TIFF and as they relate to the Ontario Curriculum.
Preference will be given to candidates with or pursuing their Ontario Teacher Certification.
• Guide school groups through the digiPlaySpace exhibition, ensuring safety for all participants.
• Liaise with TIFF Learning/TIFF Kids staff to determine school schedules and appropriate engagement with the exhibition; considering time, grade and experience.
• Provide grade-appropriate links between the exhibition installations and the Ontario Curriculum.
• Explain to visitors how the projects work, guiding/helping them and assisting in trouble shooting
• Supervision of space to avoid theft, loss and breakage
• Assist the TIFF Learning/TIFF Kids team with day-to-day set-up and any clean up in the digiPlaySpace during the school programme
• Attend mandatory training session with TIFF Learning staff
• Other duties as required
Contract Dates: March 4, 2013 – April 19, 2013
• Exemplary inter-personal communication skills;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Ability to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Ability to work both independently and in a small team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• Experience speaking in front of an audience
• Experience working with children and youth
• French & additional foreign language skills an asset
Successful candidates will be required to complete a vulnerable sectors police check.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: TIFF KIDS DIGIPLAYSPACE FACILITATOR
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.