- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : February-18-13
- End Date : May-03-13
January 30, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting
applications for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The digiPlaySpace is a 6 week interactive exhibition by TIFF Kids where children, families and educators will engage with emerging creative media technologies and innovative artistic experiences! The digiPlaySpace Coordinator will provide administrative and staff scheduling coordination support for the digiPlaySpace.
• Provide all aspects of administrative support related to scheduling digiPlaySpace facilitators and attendants;
• Provide general administrative support to the Public Programmes and TIFF Kids Programming department;
• Liaise regularly with all of the Facilitators and Attendants to ensure that the daily staffing needs of the exhibition are met and that each installation is properly staffed/supervised and supply inventory is met, based on the daily requirements;
• Assist with the interviewing and hiring of digiPlaySpace facilitators and corresponding paperwork.
• Ensure that the schedule is updated regularly throughout the exhibition to meet the demands and requirements of School Group bookings;
• Create an orientation manual for digiPlaySpace facilitators and attendants.
• Liaise with other departments such as Front of House, Volunteers and CRET to provide updates on scheduling;
• Update and report weekly on the Schedule;
• Fill in as Facilitator or Attendant as necessary;
• Purchase supplies and/or handle petty cash.
• Write a detailed postmortem;
• Other duties as required;
Contract Dates: February 18, 2013 – May 3, 2013
• Previous administrative and scheduling experience;
• Exemplary telephone and inter-personal communication skills;
• Detail and process oriented with strong administrative and organizational skills;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Ability to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Ability to work both independently and in a small team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Comfortable with Technical troubleshooting;
• Successful applicant will be expected to pass a vulnerable sector check;
• Experience speaking in front of an audience;
• French fluency is an asset;
• Experience working with children and youth an asset;
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: DIGIPLAYSPACE COORDINATOR
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.