Film Circuit Intern
- Position Type : Intern
- Start Date : March-04-13
- End Date : May-31-13
January 30, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the paid contract position of:
FILM CIRCUIT INTERN
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, Film Circuit, the Film Circuit Intern position is an opportunity to increase your knowledge of Canadian and international independent film, distribution, and the Toronto International Film Festival as a whole.
Shall include but not be limited to…
• Mailing promotional materials to Film Circuit groups across Canada
• Assessing the promotional needs of Film Circuit groups
• Updating the Film Circuit website
• Maintaining office files
• Responding to email inquiries from various Film Circuit groups
• Filing and maintaining promotional and other materials
• Assisting the Administrative Assistant, Film Circuit and/or the Film Circuit team with various tasks as requested
Contract dates: March 4 to May 31, 2013. Intern will be expected to work three days per week during regular business hours (days negotiable).
• Understanding of the Film Circuit: interest in Canadian and international independent film, film distribution, grassroots film publicity
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High computer proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills, previous customer/client service experience is an asset
• Superior organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Interest and experience in social media is an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Film Circuit Intern
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.