Coordinator, Board & Executive Relations
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : February-11-13
January 21, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Coordinator, Board and Executive Relations
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Board and Executive Relations, the Coordinator, Board and Executive Relations is accountable for providing impeccable support to the Director & CEO, Executive Director & COO, and CFO for their day-to-day business, as well as administrative support to the Director, Board & Executive Relations particularly as it relates to the Board of Directors. In addition, the Coordinator, Board and Executive Relations will oversee the hiring and work of departmental seasonal staff
Including but not limited to:
For CEO, COO and CFO
• Perform general office duties including booking and coordinating meetings/retreats, file maintenance, couriers, preparing purchase orders and expense reports and assist with oversight of Executive accounts.
• Maintain database of key contacts, with particular attention to the Board of Directors, manage flow of information and assist in the composition of correspondence.
• Work closely with CFO on tasks as assigned including the updating of sales tracking spreadsheets and tracking departmental travel requests
• Booking travel for the Executive team and managing their travel schedules as necessary
For Board of Directors
• Assist in writing duties including updating the Board Orientation Manual, drafting of weekly email updates, and biographies of Board members
• As necessary, coordinate Board Committee meetings including agenda development and minutes.
• Maintain accurate, time-stamped Festival schedules for the CEO and COO
• Hire and manage Executive Office drivers.
• Coordinate the stewardship of Board members and special guests, and see to the ticketing needs of Executive Office contacts during Festival
• Manage any Executive Office volunteers/interns during Festival.
• Participates as coordinator and minute taker for Executive-related committees, as needed.
Start Date: February 11, 2012
• Pleasant phone manner and precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations.
• Communication fluency, organization skills, a keen eye for detail, strong writing skills, concise and accurate taking of minutes, and the ability to draft and write correspondence, all with impeccable grammar, spelling and proofreading.
• Maintain diplomacy and confidentiality while being able to handle emergencies, difficult situations and people professionally and calmly.
• Exceptional computer skills particularly with Google software products, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the internet.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment, take initiative and coordinate projects.
• Proven ability to work and respond well in fast-paced environments for long hours during peak times of the year.
• Ability to use mature personal judgement to manage conflicting priorities;
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on February 4, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Coordinator, Board and Executive Relations
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.