Assistant Booth Manager
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : January-14-13
December 10, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Assistant Booth Manager
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Booth Manager, the Assistant Booth Manager will be responsible for assisting with the managing of day-to-day technical booth operations for all Cinemas within TIFF | Bell Lightbox. This includes the technical coordination and supervision of screenings and events, ensuring the highest presentation experience standards are met. We are interested in applicants with solid film projection knowledge and experience, with a strong aptitude for digital technology.
• Supervising film and video presentations, including the troubleshooting and handling of technical emergencies.
• Technical set-up and co-ordination of live events.
• Preparation of alternative video content for cinema projection.
• Supervision of technical staff, including Projectionists and Revisors.
• Coordinating day-to-day Booth/Master Control operations and duties.
• Upholding established technical standards and operating principles.
• Communicating technical information to Projection and Revision staff in a timely manner.
• In absence of Senior Booth Manager, liaising with film representatives to facilitate best possible presentation.
• Daily inventory management of screening materials.
• Completing daily technical reports.
• Liaising with Technical Production, Print Traffic, Event, Revision, and Projection staff.
• Working with Senior Booth Manager, coordination of technical production elements within the various venues, including equipment set up, rehearsals, testing, maintenance, content capture, special requirements.
• Preparation of pre-feature content.
• Participate in the training of technical staff using established booth certification process.
• Controlling access to technical areas.
• Upkeep of facilities including sanitation, recycling, general cleaning of all technical areas.
Start Date: January 2013
• Extensive knowledge and experience with motion picture presentation formats, including 70mm, 35mm, 16mm, DCP, cinema sound systems, and SMPTE standards.
• Minimum 5 years experience with 35mm film projection. Experience with 16mm, 70mm, and archival prints would be considered an asset.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
• Knowledge and experience with digital video playback systems including HDCAM, HDCAM SR, and alternative video content. Experience with transcoding, and video server-based technology would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge and experience with film and video revision and inspection, including archival film handling.
• Good foundation in audio, acoustics, lighting, and staging.
• Ability to perform general troubleshooting and maintenance on projection and sound equipment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong managerial and interpersonal skills, with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Excellent computer skills including a strong proficiency with MS Office and database software.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on December 20, 2012 BY E-MAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Booth Manager
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.