- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : January-27-14
November 21, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Reporting to the Vice-President, Production and Visitor Experience, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of property management ensuring operations, maintenance, and sub-contractor services are delivered in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner.
This position will manage the day to day operations of TIFF Bell Lightbox including: supporting TIFF’s year round Festivals, events and activities; meeting the expectations of shared ownership (condo and Commercial) of the building in accordance with best-in-class operating procedures; and managing the department budget.
• Hiring, training, performance management and scheduling of on-site facility operations and maintenance staff
• Participate in the selection of qualified sub-contractor services and coordination work with consultants, professionals and contractors providing services to the facility
• Developing and managing the facility’s approved Operating and CapEx budgets
• Developing and maintaining TIFF FM Standard Operating Procedures
• Ensure compliance to city, provincial, federal licensing and code and certification requirements including the maintenance of all required records and documents for compliance
• Reviewing and overseeing daily maintenance and operational logs performed by TIFF and subcontracted services
• Implementing and managing facility sustainability program including achieving BOMA BESt certification
• Managing the requirements relating to the Reciprocal Operating Agreement for shared facilities with the Condominium owners, Commercial owners/operators and the Garage owner
• Managing the facility emergency preparedness plan in coordination with TIFF senior management, on-site staff, sub-contractors, local authorities and shared facilities owners
• Implement and manage a centralized Help Desk process for service calls from facility users
• Maintaining the Facility Documentation Library including Architectural / Mechanical / Electrical / Structural drawings, Operations Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures
• Developing and implementing of an FM Quality Management Plan including the use of a semi-annual Occupant Satisfaction Survey process
• Implementing and managing a computer based maintenance management system (CMMS). Ensure compliance with applicable Health and Safety standards and related legislation
• Monthly management reporting including:
o Tracking service delivery performance metrics
o Red flags with action plans
o Budget variance report
• Coordinating and supervising of renovation projects, and event set up and tear down.
• Responsible for capital planning and asset (lifecycle) management
• Representing TIFF at BOMA and / or IFMA Association monthly educational seminars and industry events
• Implement security and risk management protocol in coordination with contract security services
Start Date: January 2014
• RPA / FMA designation or equivalent technical / operational experience required. Experience should be relevant to high rise mixed use facility in a downtown setting
• Minimum of five years of direct relevant facility management operations experience with a demonstrated proficiency with personnel management, budgeting, capital planning, lifecycle management, sustainability programs and report writing
• Ability to oversee the performance of technical sub-contractors
• Exceptional supervisory skills
• Demonstrated leadership and inter personal communication abilities along with strong organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Must be a team player, committed to sustaining a quality facility environment
• Capacity to be available for on call after regular operating hours as required
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on January 3, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Facilities Manager
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.